Anderson Metals Brass Pipe Fitting, Adapter, 3/8" Male Pipe x 1/2" Female Pipe
Number of Items: 1
Size: 3/8" x 1/2"
Brand: Anderson Metals
- Product Dimensions: 0.5 x 0.5 x 0.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- California residents: Click here for Proposition 65 warning.
- Item model number: 56120-0806
- Make sure this fits. by entering your model number.
- Adapter for connecting pipes or fittings of different types
- Male National Pipe Taper (NPT) threads on one end and female NPT threads on the other for connecting pipes with different ends
- Brass for corrosion resistance, ductility at high temperatures, and low magnetic permeability
- Operating temperatures range from -53 to 121 degrees C (-65 to 250 degrees F)
- Meets specifications ASTM B584 and ASME/ANSI B16 for quality assurance
- These fittings contain lead and are not allowed by federal law to be installed for potable water use in the U.S.A. and its territories.
Size:3/8" x 1/2" | Number of Items:1 The Anderson Metals adapter pipe fitting is made of brass and has a male National Pipe Taper (NPT) threaded connection and a female NPT threaded connection. This adapter fitting connects pipes or fittings with different end types, diameters, or materials. It has male NPT threads on one end and female NPT threads on the other for connecting to a female and a male threaded pipe or fitting. The NPT threads create a tighter seal than straight threads. This fitting is made of brass for corrosion resistance, ductility at high temperatures, and low magnetic permeability. Brass can be connected to copper, brass, plastic, aluminum, and welded steel. The operating temperatures for this fitting range from -53 to 121 degrees C (-65 to 250 degrees F). This fitting meets American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) B584 and American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)/American National Standards Institute (ANSI) B16 specifications for quality assurance.Pipe fittings are components used for connecting, terminating, controlling flow, and changing the direction of piping in many different industries. When purchasing pipe fittings, consider the application, as this will affect material type, shape, size, and required durability. Fittings are available threaded or unthreaded, in many shapes, styles, sizes, and schedules (pipe wall thickness).Anderson Metals manufactures brass fittings, valves, and pipe nipples. The company, founded in 1951, is headquartered in Kansas City, MO.